VIEWS

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to My Blog!


Welcome to Media Spin Chicago. As an avid reader about all things Chicago I decided to start a blog that discusses not so much the issues that Chicago faces but how the media frames the issues. Are they being biased? Are the facts they are reporting accurate or based on misinformation? Do they have a grasp of the actual issue being reported on or are they clueless? Other things to consider are whether the article is well written.  Is the journalist a competent writer?  How is the editing?  These are the questions I ask myself when I read local media stories.

One should always question the motives and biases of the reporters. A wise man once told me not to believe anything you see on television and only half of what you read in the paper. In my years I have learned to take it a little further. Never believe anything of importance that you read in a newspaper. Read as many sources as you can, educate yourself on the issues and then draw your OWN conclusions!

Now, as a disclaimer, I am not a journalist or a writer and I do not aspire to be either. I am a reader. As Dr. Sussmann tells Jude Law’s character, Alan Krumwiede, in the movie Contagion, “A blog isn’t writing. It’s graffiti with punctuation.” That is all I am doing.

This blog is a work in progress so check back for updates!!! Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment